So I have been thinking about the book reviews I do on Goodreads (Goodreads is an online site that keeps track of the books you read and how you rate and review each book.) Goodreads posts my reviews on both facebook and twitter. I have been thinking about my book reviews that I have posted so far and if they are any good. I am sure my last few reviews have not been helpful to my followers (all three of you). I have decided I need to try to make my reviews more uniform and possible interesting (but that is no guarantee)
What is needed to make a good review?
1) Some sort of rating. Goodreads has a 1 to 5 star rating. So I will use that as my measuring stick. Part of me wanted to invent some cool measuring stick like Rad Ryan Rating but I will stick with the 1 to 5 stars.
2) Genre. I figure everyone will want to know what genre the book was. I admit I read a lot of young adult but hey that’s what I like.
3) Synopsis. Each Goodread page has a fairly long synopsis of the book but if you only read my review you won’t see that. So I will add a short (one sentence hopefully) synopsis of the book.
4) Feelings. My feelings on whether I liked or disliked the book and why I feel the way I feel.
5) Final recommendation. I will give a whether I recommend the book or not. Sure if I give it a 5 star review that would be a recommend and a 1 star a not recommend. But the drama will be on a 3 star review on if I recommend it or not.
So there you go. That is what my book reviews will look like from now on. Speaking of which i am about to head there now and review my latest book.