I was listening to my favorite morning DJ (welcome back Chunga & Cort) the other day and they were talking about movies they have seen over 50 times. I sat there thinking 50 times I don’t think I have seen any movie that often.
But when I lowered it to 25 my list got really really big. I was thinking no one wants to read a blog with a bunch of movies listed on it. That would be lame. How can I make it cooler?
Then I remembered that I am getting a bunch of new movies on the over 25 times watched list. Why? Because my daughter wants to watch the same movie over and over and over. You know how kids can be. So many I divided it into several categories and give my top 6 in each group. So sure it is still a bunch of movies but it looks cooler.
Movies my daughter made me watch over and over and over.
1) Tangled – Her first movie ever. She loved it. LOVED IT.
2) Toy Story 3
3) Mary Poppins – Been singing these songs a lot recently.F
4) Finding Nemo
6) Chipmunks – Or using her pronunciation Chick Nucks
Movies I watched way to often with my siblings
1) Adventures in Baby Sitting
2) Breakn’ 2 Electric Boogaloo – Break dancing was so cool.
3) Oscar – Sylvester Stallone in a comedy?
4) Tremors – Kevin Bacon and Reba. Can’t go wrong there.
5) Spaceballs – “I said fire across her nose not up it.”
6) Three Amigos – Got to love El Guapo.
Honorable Mention: Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Grease, Man from Snowy River, Rustlers Rhapsody, Goonies, Spies Like Us.
Movies you only watch around the holidays.
1) Christmas Story – Everyone has seen this one too much.
2) Trapped in Paradise – This could be in the sibling one too.
3) Die Hard – Yes this is a Christmas Movie
4) Ben Hur – traditional Easter movie for me.
6) Christmas Vacation
Honorable Mention: Nightmare Before Christmas, It’s a Wonderful Life, miracle on 34th Street.
Movies I watched to appear macho and regain testosterone.
1) Braveheart – This movie was probably the closest to 50.
2) Desperado – Such a good movie.
3) Young Guns – Regulators Mount Up
4) Blade – Best Vampire Movie
5) Matrix – I know a Keanu movie on the list
6) Best of the Best – seriously worth watching
Movies I watched to feel macho when I wouldn’t watch R rated movies.
1) Last Dragon – “Who’s the Master?”
2) No Retreat No Surrender – Van Damn’s first movie.
3) Remo Williams – Dodging bullets baby
4) RAD – Cool bike movie.
5) Rocky 4 – Best Rocky movie. For Sure
6) Iron Eagle
Honorable mention: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Monty Python, Hoosiers.
Feel free to add any movies that you feel should be on my list. I am sure I missed some movies that I have watched lots of times.