Why would I be checking the weather it see if hell has frozen over? My wife just got a kindle. That’s right my wife the hardcore book lover. The woman who doesn’t really want to go to the library because the books were too used. The woman who has read books so gently that I couldn’t even see that she broke the back of the book. Yes that is the woman that is reading her kindle right now.
I e-mailed my mom (who amazingly enough for a non techy person bought the first kindle I ever saw. That’s right my mom was one of the original kindle owners) and told her that I had bought my wife a kindle. This was her response.
I’m checking the weather to see if hell has frozen over. She was hard copy books last stand.
Sure my wife is still struggling with some things.
1) she says when she is using a computer she is used to skimming and her natural reaction is to skim when using the kindle.
2) she bought a book. But she just said she feels like she bought air. Not a book but air.
3) The power button is a little annoying. Really she needs to hold it down for 8 seconds to turn it off.
4) She says she loves to check the back of the book when she is reading. To reference characters and story line I guess.
5) Flipping forward or back through multiple pages isn’t easy.
She all these things are annoying her now. Early on in her kindle life. Still with those annoyances she is also getting annoyed with all the books in our front room. Seriously thousands of books. She was also outside the other day in the wind (this moment actually triggered her wish to buy a kindle) and wished she was reading but couldn’t because of the wind. Although she could have if she had a kindle.