Some of my favorite people Cat and Lynx (http://clraven.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/beautiful-minds/) have nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award.
I know it is hard to believe. I consider myself more ruggedly handsome or classically attractive versus beautiful. But I have never been one to turn down a compliment.
As part of winning th Beautiful Blogger Award I am supposed to share 7 facts about me. Here we go.
1) I just had my 39th birthday. I know that sounds old. Hey I feel old sometimes. But having a 3-year-old girl I also feel younger more often than not. She is the fountain of youth.
2) I am an accountant. Which means I sit at a desk a lot of the day. To make the day go by I listen to a bunch of podcasts. A variety of them. Writing, sports, movies, books, and other stuff. They really are great things.
3) Two qualities that my wife said she found attractive in me are – my baldness and my dorkyness. Being a bald dork it sure is a good thing that I found her. Not a lot of women looking for a bald dorky accountant.
4) I am a writer. An unpublished writer but that is my fault as much as anything. I have always been horrible at english, spelling, and grammar. The fact that I enjoy writing is a bit ironic. I have several compete Young Adult novels completed but they all need plenty of revisions and grammatical corrections. If only I liked revising as much as I liked writing.
5) I live out in the country. I have one neighbor and it is my brother. The rest of my house is surrounded by corn. My wife is not a country person. To the point she almost broke up with me the first time she visited the house. Good thing she thought I was worth taking a risk on.
6) I am a voracious reader. I try to always have a book with me (much easier now in the electronic age). I still keep paper books in the trunk of my car just incase the world ends. I wasn’t a big reader until later in my teenage years and it was westerns that started me reading. Nothing like a good Louis L’Amour.
7) I believe in loyalty. There are somethings that you should be a fan of forever. Sports teams for one. I am a die hard Lakers fan. Have been since I am a little kid. None of the band wagon jumping for me. Pepsi is another thing I feel a strong loyalty to. Pepsi over Coke all the way.
There you go 7 facts about me. I am supposed to tag 7 other people but I never do that. If you feel the need to share 7 facts about yourself I would love to read about it.