I don’t know about you but I love this time of year. The blazing heat is a little less hot and the anticipation of football is in the air. With football comes fantasy football. No not with wizards and elves but with real live players.
I really do love it and get into it. I have several fantasy football teams (I make my wife block out the whole night so I can have a good draft). I listen to several daily fantasy football podcasts. I make an excel sheet with different players statistics and rankings. I admit it I am a fantasy football junky.
I know what you are thinking “Your wife must hate this time of year.” I am sure she does a little bit. Whenever I get together with my family one of the first topics of conversation that comes up is fantasy football. But do you know how awesome she is?? To get a better understanding of my interests she decided to join a league with me. (I think she won the first five games of the season and decided it was too easy).
Now you know I am a fantasy football nerd how about some predictions before the season starts so I can proclaim my brilliance at the end of the season.
1) Matt Ryan ends up a top 5 quarterback. He has Julio Jones and Roddy White. Need I say more?
2) Tim Tebow is a starter by week 5. He will be the starter but not because the Jets are losing the Jets will be 3 and 1 to start the season.
3) Chris Johnson will finish outside the top 20 running backs.
4) As will Ryan Mathews. Although his will be from injuries where CJ2K just won’t shine.
5) Jimmy Graham will score more fantasy point than any wide receiver.
There you go. If fantasy football means nothing to you then so do those predictions. But hey I had to talk about my current infatuation.