I admit I was worried about going on a cruise with a three-year old but it turned out to be a great vacation to take. Let me tell you why.
1) Camp Carnival – Carnival had a kids club set up (included as part of the cruise cost) for any kid 2 to 17. Not all together but by age range. Dropping my cute daughter off to play with a bunch of kids her age was great. It wasn’t something where you just dropped your kid off and never saw them again. But it certainly wore her out and made her trip more fun.
2) As mention before she was free on the excursions.
3) She got to eat ice cream almost any time she wanted. They were plenty of food she would try at the buffets. The main dinning room was a little less kid friendly but they always went out of their way to take care of her. The food was all good. Nothing too fancy but I was never a fan of fancy.
4) The Carnival staff was awesome with my daughter. I mean seriously seriously awesome. They would all go out of their way to talk to her. To make her smile and laugh. To remember her name. She loved the attention even though she played shy on occasion. They were one of the greatest things about the cruise. The staff was great.
5) She slept like a log every night. She was worn out. I mean seriously worn out.
6) Mom and Dad got to spend time together alone but still got to spend plenty of time with their super cute daughter. Best of both worlds.
So would I recommend going on a cruise with a 3-year-old?? For sure!! We all had an excellent time. I really can’t think of much else that I would even change. I have no doubt we will go on a cruise again sometime. Although not with a 3-year-old. She will probably be 4 or 5.